What is the 2020 Ford Escape Towing Capacity?
The 2020 Ford Escape is a versatile SUV that combines a compact design with big performance, but just how much power does the Escape bring to the Wichita roads? The 2020 Ford Escape towing capacity ranges from 1,500 to 3,500 pounds – depending on your configuration. Learn all about the specs and features behind this popular vehicle at Don Hattan Dealerships, and start planning your test drive!
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
What capabilities do you need for your Andover travels? The Ford Escape is offered with four different powertrain configurations, ranging from traditional gas-powered to hybrid to plug-in. Take a look at the Ford Escape towing capacity of each engine below:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
Ford Escape Towing Features
The powerful engine options aren’t the only contributors to the immense Ford Escape towing capacity. From the optional tow packages to available all-wheel drive, there are plenty of different ways to tailor your Escape for your towing needs. Plus, Ford offers the following systems to boost your performance on the Maize roads.
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: This feature creates a more flexible all-wheel drive experience. When roads are rough, AWD kicks into action. When the roads are ideal, the AWD system shuts off to boost your fuel economy.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Whether driving through snow or sand, the Selectable Drive Modes will dial in your performance for any conditions. Choose between Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature optimizes your stability, so if you are hauling heavy loads, you can remain safe and in control.
Find Your SUV with Don Hattan Dealerships
The 2020 Ford Escape towing capacity is just one of its many fantastic features, so don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions about the lineup. Our team is ready to help you at our Wichita dealership, but we also bring the Don Hattan Dealerships experience to you with in-home test drives and in-home appraisals. Start shopping our Ford SUV inventory today to find the perfect model for you! Are you ready to take home a used Ford Escape? Then take a look at our selection of used SUVs for sale. If you’re looking for the 2021 Ford Escape towing capacity, Don Hattan Dealerships has you covered!
More from Don Hattan Dealerships
If you’re looking for an SUV that is not only agile and compact, but still delivers on robust performance, then you’re going to want to look at the 2021 Ford Escape. The new Escape makes it easy for Derby drivers to get the best of both worlds with a spacious cabin for comfortable drives,…
If you’re looking to upgrade to the 2022 Ford F-150, but want to make sure it has the bed size that you need, then you’re in luck. There are a number of beds available to select from, with smaller beds typically meaning more room in the cabin and larger Ford F-150 truck bed sizes…
If you’re in search of the perfect new truck in Derby, then you can’t go wrong when you take home the new Ford F-150. And with so many drivers asking what is the towing capacity of the Ford F-150, you’ll soon find out why the 2021 F-150 is able to supply you with never-ending…