What is the 2020 Ford Escape Towing Capacity?
The 2020 Ford Escape is a versatile SUV that combines a compact design with big performance, but just how much power does the Escape bring to the Wichita roads? The 2020 Ford Escape towing capacity ranges from 1,500 to 3,500 pounds – depending on your configuration. Learn all about the specs and features behind this popular vehicle at Don Hattan Dealerships, and start planning your test drive!
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
What capabilities do you need for your Andover travels? The Ford Escape is offered with four different powertrain configurations, ranging from traditional gas-powered to hybrid to plug-in. Take a look at the Ford Escape towing capacity of each engine below:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
Ford Escape Towing Features
The powerful engine options aren’t the only contributors to the immense Ford Escape towing capacity. From the optional tow packages to available all-wheel drive, there are plenty of different ways to tailor your Escape for your towing needs. Plus, Ford offers the following systems to boost your performance on the Maize roads.
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: This feature creates a more flexible all-wheel drive experience. When roads are rough, AWD kicks into action. When the roads are ideal, the AWD system shuts off to boost your fuel economy.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Whether driving through snow or sand, the Selectable Drive Modes will dial in your performance for any conditions. Choose between Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature optimizes your stability, so if you are hauling heavy loads, you can remain safe and in control.
Find Your SUV with Don Hattan Dealerships
The 2020 Ford Escape towing capacity is just one of its many fantastic features, so don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions about the lineup. Our team is ready to help you at our Wichita dealership, but we also bring the Don Hattan Dealerships experience to you with in-home test drives and in-home appraisals. Start shopping our Ford SUV inventory today to find the perfect model for you!
More from Don Hattan Dealerships
If you’re shopping around Derby for a versatile SUV, that perfectly suits your driving needs, as well as your individual personality, then you’re going to enjoy the 2022 Chevy Equinox. With eight different vibrant Equinox colors to select from, it’s easier than ever to configure this SUV exactly as you need it to make sure…
Lots of dealerships near the Wichita and Andover areas will offer to purchase your current vehicle through a buyback program or when you come in to buy a new Chevrolet, Ford vehicle. This program saves money on your next purchase, or you can take the offer without purchasing another vehicle. Whichever option you choose, learn how…
Although Derby drivers have only been able to play with the 2021 Chevy Equinox for a few years, the reviews are already coming in positively. Chevy Equinox reviews are raving about how family-friendly, fuel-efficient, and attractive this SUV can be— leaving industry experts and drivers alike talking. Find out what the Chevy Equinox reviews are…