2021 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
Are you curious about what the Ford Edge towing capacity is? Well, you might be surprised to hear that the 2021 Ford Edge has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, and thanks to its impressive cargo features, you can move plenty. If you’re interested in taking a trip out to Derby with your camper, then you’ll enjoy the power of the Ford Edge engine and how much it can move. Learn more about the Ford Edge towing capacity below from Don Hattan Dealerships, and then contact us to test the Ford Edge engine for yourself during a test drive around El Dorado.
Towing Features of the Ford Edge
We’ve already shown that the Ford Edge towing capacity is impressive, but it’s also important to look at what performance-enhancing features go into making it more than capable of moving what you need near Newton.
These features include:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is required if you want to tow 3,500 pounds (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist automatically holds the brake when the vehicle is on an incline to prevent backward roll as you’re switching your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive uses sensors to monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to maximize traction and enhance handling.
- Traction Control limits wheel spin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control applies brakes or reduces engine torque when necessary to maintain control for added safety.
Engine Options in the Ford Edge
You might be curious about how the Ford Edge can tow so much. Well, that is because of the two engine options; one of which includes a best-in-class V6 engine.
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-injection engine produces 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine cranks out 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine achieves a maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
If you need more power, then you can consider picking up the Ford Edge ST as it comes with a cluster/paddle shifter, active noise control, revised electronic throttle program, engine braking, and more.
The 2021 Ford Edge Towing Package
If you need to enhance your towing capacities even further, then you’ll want the Class II Trailer Tow Package. This option is standard on the ST, with the SEL and Titanium AWD models having it as an available upgrade. It’s designed to give you even more confidence, by including the trailer sway control package attached.
Find Your Ford Edge Today
Now that you know more about the Ford Edge engine and towing capacities, you’ll be able to safely tow the entire family and the camper out on the weekend. Enjoy your Ford Edge today with assistance from our finance department, who can get you on the road with your new Edge in no time.
Learn More at Don Hattan Dealerships
If you’re shopping around Derby for a versatile SUV, that perfectly suits your driving needs, as well as your individual personality, then you’re going to enjoy the 2022 Chevy Equinox. With eight different vibrant Equinox colors to select from, it’s easier than ever to configure this SUV exactly as you need it to make sure…
Lots of dealerships near the Wichita and Andover areas will offer to purchase your current vehicle through a buyback program or when you come in to buy a new Chevrolet, Ford vehicle. This program saves money on your next purchase, or you can take the offer without purchasing another vehicle. Whichever option you choose, learn how…
Although Derby drivers have only been able to play with the 2021 Chevy Equinox for a few years, the reviews are already coming in positively. Chevy Equinox reviews are raving about how family-friendly, fuel-efficient, and attractive this SUV can be— leaving industry experts and drivers alike talking. Find out what the Chevy Equinox reviews are…