2022 Ford F-150 Lightning EV Specs
Are you interested in the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning? This forward-thinking electric truck breaks boundaries for electric-powered capabilities, but if you’ve been driving a gas or diesel pickup for years, you may have some apprehension about making the switch. Can the Ford F-150 Lightning specs really provide the support you need on and off the job in Wichita? From general performance to charge times and interior dimensions, Don Hattan Dealerships provides all of the 2022 Ford Lightning specs you need to make an informed decision! Read below to learn more before browsing our Ford truck inventory.
Ford Lightning Specs: General Performance
If you’ve ever thought that an electric truck can’t match the power and performance of a gas truck on Andover roads, think again. The 2022 Ford Lightning specs disprove this myth by cranking out even more power than some of the gas-powered F-150 models:
- Power Output (Extended Range Model): 563 hp
- Power Output (Standard Range Model): 426 hp
- Torque Output: 775 lb-ft of torque for Standard & Extended Range Models
Ford Lightning Specs: Electric Range and Charge Times
Whether you’re traveling between job sites in Maize or planning a weekend road trip, the Ford F-150 Lightning specs give you plenty of room to play with impressive electric range. What’s more, it won’t take long to replenish your battery after a long trip:
- Range with Extended Range Battery: 300 miles
- Range with Standard Battery: 230 miles
- Charging Time: Around 30 miles per charging hour, or 15% to 100% in eight hours*
Ford Lightning Specs: Towing, Payload, and More
There’s no sacrifice to be made when it comes to towing and hauling in the Ford F-150 Lightning. In fact, it out-tows plenty of gas-powered competitors on our Wichita roads. Plus, the F-150 Lightning with extended range can even come to your aid if you experience a power outage at home in Andover. The innovation doesn’t stop there; learn more about the 2022 Ford Lightning specs for towing and hauling and explore its cutting-edge tech features, below:
- Max. Towing Capacity: 10,000 pounds
- Max. Payload: 2,000 pounds
- Home Power Outage Charging: Assuming 30kWh of use per day, the Ford F-150 Lightning with an extended range can power your home for up to three days, or as long as around 10 days if power is rationed, with results varying based on energy usage.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The F-150 Lightning is the first F-150 to get an independent rear suspension.
- Where the engine and other mechanical components would be housed on a traditional gas truck, the F-150 Lightning gets a standard front trunk equipped with additional power outlets to charge portable devices.
- A first-ever 15.5” central touchscreen is standard inside the F-150 cabin.
Ford Lightning Specs: Truck Dimensions & Cabin Space
Wondering if the F-150 Lightning will fit in your garage? Does it have enough cabin space for you and your passengers? Explore all of the pertinent dimensions, right here:
Exterior & Cargo Dimensions
- Wheelbase: 145.5 inches
- Length: 232.7 inches
- Cab Height: 78.9 inches
- Width, Including Mirrors: 96 inches
- Cab Size: SuperCrew cab is standard
- Bed Size: A 5.5’ bed is standard
- Front Trunk: 14.1 cubic feet of lockable, sealable storage space and a sealed cabin for tailgating is standard
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Front Headroom: 40.8 inches
- Rear Headroom: 40.4 inches
- Front Legroom: 43.9 inches
- Rear Legroom: 43.6 inches
- Front Hiproom: 62.5 inches
- Rear Hiproom: 62.6 inches
Reserve Your F-150 Lightning with Us!
The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning is expected at U.S. dealerships in Spring 2022. If you want to be among the first to get behind the wheel, contact us to ask about reservations. In the meantime, why not value your trade to learn how much your current truck is worth? You can also prequalify for financing if you would like to start exploring payment options.
More from Don Hattan Dealerships
The 2022 Ford Edge is an exciting-to-drive SUV, but what about it’s interior? The 2022 Ford Edge interior is spacious and flexible, offering a five-passengers seating capacity, a maximum 73.4-cubic feet cargo capacity, and a variety of high-tech features. Keep reading if you’re interested in learn more about the 2022 Ford Edge interior…
Ford SUVs are popular around Wichita for many reasons, and the 2022 Ford Bronco is near the top of the list! With its rugged styling, great features, and affordable entry price, it’s easy to see why. Learn more about the 2022 Ford Bronco price as we walk you through the Ford Bronco configurations and…
If you’re looking for a capable new pickup truck for your Wichita jobsite or to tow your boat to the lake for weekend getaways, we highly recommend the 2022 Ford F-150. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The 2022 Ford F-150 towing capacity is capable of reaching up to 14,000…
*Excludes Platinum models. Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and analytical projection consistent with US EPA combined drive cycle. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches capacity. Results may vary based on peak charging times, battery state of charge. Actual range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.